Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer Sewing

Whew, I have to get one blog post in this month by the skin of my teeth!


Yikes, between a totally adorable two-month-old and beautifully sunny Ohio days, blogging has been happening a lot in my mind. You know, talking to myself. I do have a lot of quilting deadlines right now as well which is not good for the "lazy days of summer" bit. But I am so thankful for family and friends who are helping with the kiddos and sewing. God continues to bless me and watch me go crazy at the same time.


Speaking of going crazy, a lovely young mama contacted me about making a quilt to remind her little girl of Yo Gabba Gabba. This sweet woman picked out the perfect fabrics to evoke such a strong feeling of the show. The bright colors, the bold stripes, and some spectacular Spoonflower fabrics really do the trick. (Do you see those awesome glasses?!)


Not many clients dump a ton of gorgeous fabric on my doorstep and tell me "be creative, I trust you". This has been so much fun to play with. I love bright rainbow colors and free-spirited wonky log cabin blocks. Really having fun finishing this quilt up and will post the finished product soon. (ish)


If you sew and you love summer I highly recommend making a picnic blanket. I take it everywhere with us and use it almost every single day. OR if you need an easy but thoughtful useable gift - totally do the picnic blanket. Our neighbors just got married and I have theirs in the works. They want to have a ton of kids right away (my kind of people!) so hopefully they will be cool with a picnic blanket as a wedding gift.




My super ornery two-year-old eating her 19th piece of watermelon that day. If you wear blue polka dots around me, you can get away with pretty much anything. Just sayin'.





You have no idea how much restraint I am exercising with just one baby picture. Here he is with his grandfather, or Nonno, that he was named after. He has the funniest old man look on his face which I find completely adorable (of course).



And finally a picture of a pillow I did recently. I love these. Hoping to start up on some boy themed pillows. Now that I have my incredible little man I am noticing how few things are out there for him. Finally I can over-indulge in blue and green. And dogs. And vespas. Oooh have I found the most adorable vespa fabric!


Boys are great! Especially when it comes to sewing. God really knew what he was doing when he gave me my sweet baby boy. I admit there was a bit of sadness at not having another girl. But really, what's not to love about frogs and snails and puppy dog tails? Looking forward to lots of new projects for the baby man.




BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Sew lovely of you to comment.