Monday, April 18, 2011

Quilts, no baby

Well, being officially 5 days overdue is good for one thing and one thing only... getting quilts done. I much prefer to be snuggling with a tiny little person right now but sewing is a lovely distraction.


I was recently contacted by my NYC twin. Not really a twin but we are living parallel lives. She has two girls and was due with her 3rd baby the day after I was due with my 3rd. Except she actually HAD her baby and I'm still waiting. Did I mention I'm still waiting to give birth?


Anyway she wanted a special quilt to accomodate a family of 5 for picnics and such. So we came up with this. It came together really fast and with lots of love. Because when you feel a special connection to the person you're making it for, you just want it to be perfect. Just waiting on the label and then attach the binding and then it's off to baby Brody.


My other current project is a rag quilt for little girl who is about to turn 1. This is one creative family!



Lots of pictures and messages of love. It only makes me feel bad that I haven't done anything nearly as meaningful for my own children. Someday, my loves! Thankfully I have very imaginative and creative clients that give me lots of inspiration.


Well I guess I'm signing off until baby comes. It will come. That's what they tell me, no one has been pregnant forever. Until then have a blessed Easter season. He has risen! He has risen indeed! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Sew lovely of you to comment.