Monday, January 26, 2009

I really like this pink flowery girly stuff








Seriously, this Quilt Gate set of fat quarters is so beautiful, I'm head over heels in love. I have a history of making ugly quilts because I hoard all my favorite fabric and can't stand the thought of cutting into it or worse... what if I can't find it in the future to use it again??? This is a serious issue.
I have heaps and heaps of Amy Butler and Heather Bailey and other amazing designers' fabric but it is so darn hard to USE IT!

Anyway, these WILL be used for my daughter's twin size quilt. I think I'm ok using them since I can still see them everyday. They won't be going far. (She better not take the crayons or markers to it one day or I will lose it.) I'm just doing a million patchwork squares and when I have enough, I'm going to sew them all together and go from there.
Since she was my first daughter, I went all out and painted the room pink and bought every single floral thing I could find while I was pregnant. Now she is almost 3 years old and I am still prettying up her room in a shabby chic design. I'm the most non-pink person EVAH, but when I found out it was a girl - watch out! Something (estrogen?) came out in huge quantities and now look what makes me all gooey... pink roses! Funny thing, those baby girls!
Here's the pile of patchwork I've been slowly working on here and there between other projects:





I'm thinking I'm about half-way there? I'm just guessing. I've used mostly scraps from other projects but can't resist when I see perfect pieces of shabby chic fabric. I've never made a twin-size quilt before, so I'm not sure exactly how much fabric this will involve. It sure is fun having a baby girl to get all girly about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Sew lovely of you to comment.