Friday, April 16, 2010

This Moment

Another special moment.

I went outside during the girls' nap/quiet time to cut some fabric. Looking back at the house, I see a little face looking back at me in her window. (She's graduated from nap time to quiet time. Please don't think I abandon my children in the house while I go out to enjoy the sun!) So I motioned for her to come out with me and we sipped some lemonade on the blanket.

She just turned 4. She's getting too big to carry. I'm not ready for that.

I am, however ready for a new picnic blanket. Must...quilt...soon...

Also, "this moment" and many, many moments before and after are being dedicated to a new quilt to match some pillows you may remember...

I must admit when this line (Love, by Amy Butler) came out, I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Now after a couple months with it, I'm still not sick of seeing it, so I guess I really like it. Especially in this form - all jumbled up and crazy together. It's so busy, loud, and cheerful, one must smile looking at it.

It's eventually going to end up a double size (78" x 87") and I"m only half-way there, so we have many more moments together.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it cool that the word "MOM" is in "moment?" I love every moment of being a mother, wife, daughter, sister, and friend. I just wish we and our families had more moments to spend together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious moment, and this quilt is great! Thank you for sharing your lovely blog, keep up the wonderful work- we look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

    www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Sew lovely of you to comment.