Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to ME!

I just have to say that I LOVE being a mother. I always thought I would have four boys. Why? No idea. Do I know anyone with four boys? Yes, but just met them recently. Why on earth would I ever assume such a funny thing? I don't have a clue. But I do know that God must be cracking up because so far I have two GIRLS! I won't lie... I totally panicked when I found out my first was a girl. Because my own relationship with my mother is not super great and I am not a very girly-girl, I didn't think there would be any way I could deal with a daughter/girl of my own.


Enter my first born.


I thought my heart would burst open immediately from being too small to hold all my happiness in. I'll never forget the overwhelming love that filled me up when that sweet little baby was placed on my chest. I was in disbelief that I actually had a baby, a daughter, a little person to care for. It was a new love that I had never known before. I still feel those crazy love jabs when I watch her get tired in the car seat, she slips her little hand in mine at the grocery store, or puts her hand on my face as a beautiful little smile graces hers.



And then, about two years later, we heard a familiar sentence...

Another girl!



I'm so glad that God is in charge. He picked these amazing little baby girls just for me and my hubby. We are (VERY) far from a perfect family, but they fit perfectly to us. I cannot imagine life without them. Sisters, daughters, a mother of two girls. A miracle indeed!





Happy Mother's Day to all. Everyone has a mother, some are about to be mothers for the first time, some have been mothers for decades.

I just love being the mommy to these two little "goyles" as my oldest says. We are richly blessed! Happy mother's day to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Sew lovely of you to comment.