Thursday, May 28, 2009

Quilt & Coat


My sweet, sweet Mama made this coat as a request from me. I saw it on SewMamaSew's website last year and could not get it out of my mind. After I tracked down the elusive Apple Dot fabric and JoAnn had a $1 sale on McCall's patterns, I knew it was time to get to it! She is WAY better at following patterns that I am - I have zero patience for that sort of thing. Maybe when I have really cute grandkids I'll learn to adapt!

And here is another peak at some squares I have finished for the memory quilt. This project gets me all happy inside every time I work on it. Lately that's been in 5-minute intervals, but progress is happening. I bought 5 more yards of interfacing (featherweight this time since they were out of lightweight - didn't seem to make a difference once ironed even though it felt heavier in the store) and it was gobbled up quickly too. My grand total is 8 yards so far with many more left to do. Just keeping track for the Quilt Stats at the end. I like to look back at the journey of the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Sew lovely of you to comment.