Saturday, October 10, 2009

Quilt Parade


Fall Quilt Festival time! Well, it's kind of a quilt...

I mean, I worked hard, planned the layout and really stretched myself with that dang red in there! But are rag quilts really QUILTS? Well, this one IS because I like it and am totally loving the colors! I can't tell you how I agonized over the red.




Back of quilt. Love that blue!


Enter Bubbles. This was the puppet commission I had been working on for three weeks. It was cool to try a new thing, experiment, learn some puppet stuff. God has opened so many unexpected doors for me!


Bubbles's daddy wanted to do the facial features - no, it's not a blind rabbit puppet.


I was having serious quilt withdrawls. So I pulled the Manzanita charms off the shelf and got a little crazy. Really my only goal was to get this thing done in as little time as possible just for the sake of:
1.) Sewing and
2.) Playing with fabric and colors again.

Hence the quickie rag quilt. Except I forgot they take forever to clip. Oh well. It's done and I can get back to Bubbles 2.1

9 comments:

  1. I love it! It looks so comfy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand your agonizing over the red in the quilt, I have been there before too. I do like how it turned out and let me tell you those bunnies are so very cute! Just plain cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt! And the red! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, a perfect quilt to cuddle up in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course a ragquilt is a quilt and it is lovely!! thanks for popping into my blog and leaving such a nice comment. much appreciated !

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely colors in that quilt, and it looks really cosy. Nice that you have lived in Sweden. I hope you enjoyed the time here. I live in Göteborg, on the westcoast. In Sweden quilting is a rather large hobby. Maybe not as big as in the US, but big in swedish proportions :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so soft- and I love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I don't get the agonizing over the red in the quilt, will you enlighten me? Do you not like red? It turned out great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cheerful, FUN, cozy quilt indeed! Red happens to be my favorite color and it looks GREAT in your quilt! Way to go...SEW. ; ) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Sew lovely of you to comment.